The Department for Dynamic Testing and Informatics is primarily focused on science, education, applicative activities and consulting services in the field of dynamics and experimental testing of structures, design of systems for control and monitoring of structures and development of original software packages.
- Experimental shaking table tests on physical models of buildings, historic and engineering structures
- Experimental shaking table tests on physical models of structures with added different types of passive and semi-active systems for energy dissipation
- Dynamic testing of materials, structural elements and joints.
- Static and quasi-static cyclic testing of full-scale nodes, elements and joints for definition of their mechanical properties
- Dynamic and quasi-static cyclic tests on bearings for base isolation of structures exposed to earthquakes
- Experimental seismic shaking table tests for seismic qualification of mechanical and electrical-mechanical equipment
- Static, dynamic and tests for verification of functionality of different types of development dampers for high-voltage power supply lines
- Research, development and practical application of systems for control of dynamic response and systems for passive dissipation of energy in structures exposed to earthquakes, wind and other dynamic effects
- Research, development and practical application of systems for seismic isolation and isolation of vibrations of structures exposed to earthquakes and vibrations caused by people, different technological processes and traffic
- Investigations and practical application in monitoring of the bridge network, application of a system for long term monitoring of structures and monitoring of other engineering and industrial structures
- Development of applicative software
- In -situ testing by ambient vibration method of high rise structures, historic monuments, engineering and special structures for definition of dynamic characteristics – natural frequencies, mode shapes and damping coefficients.
- In-situ testing by forced vibration method of high rise structures, historic monuments, engineering and special structures for definition of dynamic characteristics – natural frequencies, mode shapes, damping coefficients and soil-structure interaction.
- Monitoring and measuring of vibrations of equipment and machines in industrial structures and power plants, in non-operational and operational conditions.
- Monitoring and measurement of vibrations of bridge structures in traffic conditions or another type of dynamic excitation in the surrounding.
- Monitoring and measurement of vibrations of structures caused by human activities.
- Elaboration and development of solutions for field and laboratory measurements based on the software-hardware platform of National Instruments (USA).
- Seismic tests for qualification of different types of electrical equipment, mechanical equipment and non-structural elements.
- Development of purpose-oriented applications for pre- and post- processing of signals based on development package LabView of National Instruments in combination with corresponding tools and modules.
- Practical implementation of the Structural Vibration Solution Software – ARTeMIS.