The Department for Building Structures and Materials is primarily focused on science, education, applicative activities and consulting services in the domains of design, diagnosis, repair, strengthening and reconstruction of earthquake-resistant high-rises by application of traditional and innovative techniques and materials.
M. Sc. (Doctoral student) Elena Delova
ext. Professional Associate
- Design/Assessment based on structural behavior
- Modern materials
- Innovative structural systems
- Nonstructural elements – interaction with the principal structural system
- Original technologies by application of modern materials for repair and strengthening of existing structures
- Investigations for re-evaluation of existing and preparation of new national annexes to Eurocodes referring to seismic design of buildings
- Monitoring of conditions, detection of damages to buildings, historic structures and monuments and measures for structural rehabilitation
- Analysis of high-rise structures exposed to explosions and traffic vibrations
- Sustainability and energy efficiency of high-rises
- Building information modeling (BIM)
- Design of new seismically resistant high rise structures.
- Diagnosis, repair, structural strengthening, reconstruction, rehabilitation, enlargements and built additional storeys on existing high rises.
- Professional opinions – expertise on stability and safety of existing high rises under gravity and seismic effects.
- Analysis of high rise structures: elastic, static and seismic analysis, analysis of bearing and deformability capacity, nonlinear static analysis, nonlinear dynamic analyses for real earthquake records
- Testing of structural elements and integral structures.
- Professional and consulting services, revision of technical documentation, supervision of construction of structures, technical approval.